Yuma Aeromodelers Club Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public (Must Register to Post Here) > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is There Anyone Out There?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REO RATA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 07 2013 at 11:03pm
Howdy
These two snowbirds are sitting at the departure gate of Fairbanks International Airport awaiting the big tin bird that will take us to Phoenix.  Should be in Yuma mid afternoon Tuesday 8 October.  We are having trouble with our wings icing and our hinges are a little stiff from cold soaked lubrication.  Looking forward to roughly six months of de-icing.

Will see everyone currently in the South Sunday at the October meeting.

Andy & Mary 
Reo Rata
EvilEye View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvilEye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 08 2013 at 7:32am
Have a safe flight
Oh! I hope you get sun burned Wink just kidding

See you in December
Catch you on the Fly By

Rick
http://www.bestwebs4less.com
REO RATA View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REO RATA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 10 2013 at 11:27pm
Well, after two full days at the RV Park, grocery store and Church's Fried Chicken to tie us over until !!!.  Pretty well set up now and thoughts are turning to limbering up a couple planes that have been sitting idle as the summer heat does it's thing.  Batteries are topped off with high hopes for tomorrow Smile

Looking forward to Sunday's meeting and seeing old friends and a discussion/forecast as to what is going to happen this winter.

Man did we catch a jet stream on the way down!!!!!!  Knocked better than an hour off the usual time between Fairbanks and Seattle.  Little rough, but sure appreciated getting out of the cramped quarters in airline seats.  Love flyin' just don't like the feeling of being in a straight jacket for hours on end.  Guess I'm in the wrong part of the plane, should be in the cockpit!!

Nuf Said I reckon,

Andy
Reo Rata
EvilEye View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvilEye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 11 2013 at 7:41am
Well I'm glad to hear you guys make it safe. WoW knocked an hr off the reg flight time, that was a hell of a jet steam.
Say hi to everyone at the meeting for me.

See you in a couple of months
Catch you on the Fly By

Rick
REO RATA View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REO RATA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2013 at 8:20pm
Rick,

Been getting in quite a bit of flyin' mostly early in the morning.  Start about a half hour before sunrise and wrap it up a little before 9am.  Temps have been running the mid 90's most of the time.  Not bad in the shade, but none available on the flightline.  Each morning I head out i usually run out three lipos avg around 22 to 25 minutes each.  Last couple days winds began before I started in on the 3rd battery.

Anyway, enjoying being down South.  Looking forward to all the other snowbirds arriving.

Andy

Reo Rata
EvilEye View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvilEye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2013 at 7:40am
Hi Andy
You lucky dog Wink
I've not be doing much flying lately got things around the home stead that I need to be done with before we head south. So I can't wait to get down there, the weather has started to change here and my body's feeling it.

Have fun and see you soon

Rick
Catch you on the Fly By

Rick
REO RATA View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REO RATA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2013 at 10:02pm
Rick,

Just wondering if you are in the Yuma area yet.  We are just a little less than a week short of being here two months.  Had a really good morning that netted me six flights that tallied up to 1 hr 33 min of airtime.  Adding that to the tally for Yuma area this fall I'm a little over 26 hours.  Looooovvvvin it.
  Was at the Yuma Aeromodelers meeting yesterday.  Seems quite a few of the snowbirds are there now.  You will probably have to knock me up side the head and say I'm EvilEye as there are several Ricks and I have not been able to put a face to your name.

Lookin for the fly by, dip a wing or holler as you pass!

Andy
Reo Rata
EvilEye View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EvilEye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 6:46am
LoL I was at the meeting I was the old biker looking guy that was standing at the back on the other side of the fence. I did find my self (trying to be inconspicuous) looking at everyone's name tag looking for you. Wink
What time of day do you usually go to the air field?
If I don't see you before the upcoming week end, I WILL be at "Fly In". Friday night I will be helping burn the hot dogs & on Saturday I will be part of the security detail (wearing a white T-shirt that says security on it). Please look for me.

Rick
Catch you on the Fly By

Rick
REO RATA View Drop Down
Club Member
Club Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REO RATA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2014 at 6:25am
Hi Rick,

For some reason I didn't get an e-mail that you had posted a reply.  Guess I saw you but didn't have a description until a couple minutes ago.  I'll be at the meeting on January 5th.  I was gauking around also at the Friday Evening Night Fly and Weiner Roast.  My wife Mary was the gal at the gate answering questions and working the door/gate prize drawing.  I was at the sound system most of the day of the flyin with Jimmy Sutton.  Hope to catch you as we fly by at the meeting on the 5th.

Andy
Reo Rata
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic